Monday, August 11, 2008

The Diamond Anniversary!

This last weekend my family and I celebrated my grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary by throwing a surprise party for them in the church social hall at St. Peter and Paul. It was so fun to see their reactions when they walked in and everyone yelled "SURPRISE or as madi says "PRIZE!" My grandpa started clapping like crazy while my grandma started crying and collapsed against the wall...we got them to the church by telling them it was Alden's Baptism...they bought it hook, line, and sinker...suckers! It was such a fun day of visiting, yummy food, and memories through a photo slide show of the last 60 years.

It's so crazy to actually sit down and think of spending 60 years with the one that you love, having children and raising your family together, literally growing up and growing old with each other. Tom and I always say that we're so excited to have grandchildren some day, we just love having our two little loves and embracing family togetherness, we can't wait to see what the future holds down the line. I know one thing is for sure, we will defintely see 60 years together. This weekend was just a great reminder for me of the wonderful man that i am so lucky to have in my life, to share my life with, to raise our kids together, to travel the world together, and to always be thankful that we found eachother so early in our lives. I love you Tom and miss you very much, even though you've only been gone two days. (side note: tom is in North Carolina for two weeks in training on a new product with Glaxo Smith Kline)

Another great part about this weekend was that my sister Isobel came to visit with her husband Joe and their kids J.J and Jordan (aka Jordi) from Santa Cruz and stayed two nights with us. We don't get to see eachother very often, so I really tried to visit as much as i could. I wanted to just hog her to myself the whole time, but i had to share her with 'the others' dangit! But we had so much fun watching jordi and madi play together...they are the only two girls out of all eight grandkids, and they're so stinkin cute together when they play...that is when they're not yelling at eachother, hitting eachother, or screaming "MINE"...I swear, they do love one another :) Thank Izzy for making the drive up and staying with us.

My cousin Ryan and his wife Lanelle and their two kids Kaylee (oh man, i'm not sure how to spell her name) and Paul came all the way from Boise Idaho for the party as well as a family vacation in general i think. It was so good to see them and the kids, they are growing up so fast. I didn't get a chance to get any pictures of the kids while they were here, but i'll have to post them after i steal them from some one else. It was so good to see you guys, hope you had a safe trip home!



Notice the looks of shear hapiness from both girls. Keeping clothes on these two is a regular day job.

No comments: